Garden Club Accomplishments
Established in 1915 by a group of like-minded women with an objective to develop and preserve the beauty in and around Camden, the Camden Garden Club’s commitment to preservation, beautification and education has remained steadfast.
In our first 100 years, between 1915 and 2015 the Camden Garden Club had:
- Planted more than 1,000 trees
- Hung 4,500 flower baskets on lampposts since 1925
- Hung more than 4,100 holiday wreaths
- Designed and planted 32 gardens and parks
- Awarded more than 100 scholarships since 1984
- Hosted more than 500 special programs
- Hosted 68 annual tours featuring more than 500 homes and gardens
- Organized the Garden Club Federation of Maine in 1931 with four other clubs
On March 4, 2015, the Camden Garden Club received a Legislative Sentiment from the Maine State Legislature in recognition of these accomplishments.
Creation of a Children's Amphitheater at Laite Beach Park
Restoring the design and plantings of the Village Green.